6 Breakfast Meals
The images below are breakfast meals I served Nehal over the past few days. Most of you following ‘Sailus Kitchen’ will find that I have already blogged most of them. I thought these images might serve as breakfast ideas to new readers who might draw some inspiration.
1. Potato Sandwich ~ Heat olive oil on a tawa, once hot, place a few tbsps of any left over subji like potato stir fry and mash it and let it roast for a 2 mts. Season with white pepper pwd and flip over the other side slowly and let it cook for a mt. Remove from heat and keep aside. Take two slices of bread, spread low fat butter and lightly toast it. In between these slices of bread, place some iceburg lettuce, a cheese slice, followed by the roasted potato filling, drizzle some mustard sauce and tomato sauce. Toasted potato sandwich is ready!
2. Hot Dog ~ I used chicken sausage here. Boiled the sausage for 4-5 mts and shallow fried it in olive oil. Cut the bun in the center, lightly toast it and place lettuce leaves, tomato slices, shredded onions, place the pan fried sausage, drizzle mustard sauce, tomato sauce and low fat mayonnaise in between the bun. Enjoy!
3. Honey coated fruits ~ Cube papaya and musk melon and drizzle some honey, chill and serve.
4. Cracked Wheat Upma ~ Godhuma Rava Upma Recipe
5. Masala Dosa Recipe
6. Vegetable Uttappam Recipe